Header Ads

ads header

DAIRY OF A YOUNG CONVERT------part 3 (Fiction)”


I held his lifeless hand, still perplexed. There was no pulse. No heartbeat. A hush swept across the room. No heartbeat. A hush swept across the room. I raised my head as a million thoughts flew across my mind.

Someone call the medics. Get an ambulance. Do something!

Emmanuel made for the door when Sandra’s shrill voice brought him to a halt.

Stop right there. Nobody move!

I was shocked.

The man is dying. Get help!

No one moved. Everyone stood, petrified like stone figures.

Is he really gone? Sandra asked again. Slowly the people began to gather around me and still body of ED. I was confused about what exactly was going on.
Make him die jare. Him own too much, someone said.

Yeye man. Na so he wan scatter my life because of promotion. Make he go sef.

Sandra looked at me unflinching. His time was up. He had to go.

I couldn’t believe eyes. I had no idea what was going on. Was ED so bad that everyone wanted him dead? I looked around frantically for my phone, but I must have left it in my bag. The tears had begun to slip down the bridge of my nose. What was I to do?
I saw a smirk on Sandra’s face. Did she plan this? Was she behind this?
I was the only one by the ED’s still body.

I was caught between a rock and a hard place. Should I leave him alone and stand with the others? Should I stand with him? What difference can one person make? What if the police came in and found me by his body? A million questions transverse by already bewildered mind.

Then my spirit lit up. In all things by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving make your request known. (Philipians 4:6). I remembered Pastor kept saying when you face a challenge, your first reaction should be prayer. But I wasn’t a prayer warrior. With no time to think at all, I grabbed hold of ED’s hand.

Sandra marched towards the main entrance and locked it. I could see the uncertainty in Amanda’s eyes. Emmanuel was obviously uneasy. Very few people could stand up to Sandra.

I cradled ED’s head in my other arm as I knelt by his lifeless body. I heard Sandra  bellow a loud laughter. There was something sinister in her voice. I knew I had to take charge.

I firmed my grip on ED’s hand and prayed. Father, I thank you because you hear me always. I speak life into this man’s body. I decree that you will satisfy him with long life.

Startled, I dropped ED’s hand. I almost dropped his cradled head in the process too.

I didn’t really know what startled me, but I thought I felt his hand move.
Then everyone gasped.

ED sneezed.

I fainted.

To be continued on next part………

EXTRACT FROM:   JOYFUL NOISE PUBLICATIONS,,, A PRODUCTION  OF  COZA, ABUJA



No comments

Powered by Blogger.

Ad Code

Entertainment

12/Entertainment/slide-posts

Featured Post

Gospel

4/Gospel/feat-list

Nigeria

{getBlock} $results={5} $label={Nigeria} $type={block1} $color={#F64E4E}

Jobs

3/Jobs/grid-small

Sports

{getBlock} $results={5} $label={sports} $type={block1} $color={#F64E4E}

Journal

5/ebooks journal/mini-slide

Recents

{getWidget} $results={3} $label={recent} $type={list1}

Contact Form

Breaking News

6/recent/ticker-posts

World News

{getBlock} $results={5} $label={world-news} $type={block1} $color={#F64E4E}

About Us

Global Trend is an online news and entertainment portal in and about Nigeria and world news. Global Trend is aimed to bring the latest news to Nigerians particularly those out of the country.

Technology

{getBlock} $results={5} $label={technology} $type={block1} $color={#F64E4E}

Technology

6/technology/post-list

Health

{getBlock} $results={5} $label={Health} $type={block1} $color={#F64E4E}

Cartoon

4/Editorial Cartoonist/grid-big

Business

{getBlock} $results={5} $label={business} $type={block1} $color={#F64E4E}

JSON Variables

GlobalTrend | The News Corridor

Comments

{getWidget} $results={3} $label={comments} $type={list1}